Benefits and Drawbacks of Node.JS in Web Application Development
Let’s see the Pros and Cons of NodeJS Web Application Development:
PROS of NodeJS:-
- If I’m talking about business point of view, we don’t need to hire separate Front End and Backend Developer as all the things are to be done by a single person so it saves money and time as well.
- We can also reuse the code which makes the development process faster.
Simple Programming Language:
- A Node.JS developer can write the web applications in both frontend and backend using runtime environment.
Highly Customizable and Extensible:
- The Node.JS gains popularity because it is highly extensible that is we can extend and customize the Node.JS as per your prerequisite.
- We can also use JSON to exchange the data between client and web server.
- One of the greatest advantage of Node.JS is its Scalability that means we can easily scale the applications horizontally as well as vertically.
- We can scale our application in horizontal direction by adding extra nodes.
- During the vertical scanning, we can also add extra resources into the single node.
Easy to Learn and Fast Processing:
- Being a Java Developer, we don’t need to put more efforts to learn Node.JS. It’s Simple and Easy to understand.
- Node has a wrapper which is written in C language that provides extra features to existing applications.
- The open source of runtime environment of Node.JS supports Catching Facility means whenever we request for first module, it gets cached in application memory.
- With the help of Catching, the web page will work faster and responds more quickly to the user.
Efficiency of Requests Handling:
- Node.JS provides the feature of non-blocking I/O system that allow us to process several requests simultaneously.
- The handling efficiency of this process is far better than Python and Ruby.
Huge and Active Community of Developers:
- This community gives their contribution to develop and improve the features of Node.JS.
Freedom to Develop the Apps and Software:
- Node.JS gives us the freedom to Develop the Software and the apps. We can develop the application from scratch. This feature is not present in Ruby on Rails.
CONS of NodeJS:-
Robust Library System:
- When it comes to other programming Languages, Node.JS doesn’t have a strong Library System. Due to this, Developers need to use common library for the tasks like Image Processing, Database operations, ORM etc.
- Due to Robust Library System, it’s complex for the developers to perform the common programming tasks.
Issues With API Stability:
- One of the big drawback of Node.JS is API is not stable. Within a given time interval, API’S keep changing.
- At a time, the latest API shows with incompatible changes. For that reason, the Developers need to do changes in accessible codes so that It should match with the current version of Node.JS API.
Unsynchronized Programming Model:
For more scalable application, the essential requirement is the implementation of unsynchronized Programming Model.
The other drawback of Programming Model is that the code will become more awkward and Developer have to depend on the nested calls.